Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Odd Weapon Insurgents

I am not sure why, but for some reason it took me forever to get around making this post. I finished this group about a month ago. Looking back I sure did have fun creating them.

The group is meant to represent Sunni insurgents in the War on Terror. When looking through source pictures I realized that not every insurgent fought with an AK. Pictures of discovered weapon caches showed lots of variety. G3's seemed to be particularly popular. Presumably these came from Iran.

All figures got head swaps; some got green stuff scarf endings as well. I also sculpted a vest on one figure (pretty easy to do actually), "cived up" a gunner figure and gave one guy a new right hand.

Since I got discouraged creating a couple of US Marines for Fallujah with shotguns, I moved on temporarily to big group of Taliban/Afghans for Takur Ghar. I'm about halfway through that batch.

RH Models MULT20SKS w/ head swap; NEG28 w/ head swap; URBUKRIF w/ head swap
RH Models URBPIST* w/ head swap; NEG28 w/ head swap; URBM16203 w/ head swap
RH Models NEG2 w/ head swap
RH Models MULT*GUN w/ head swap; ARACIV* w/ head swap; WEA40; BLACK DOG T72026

Some good pics ...

Armed Iraqi men welcome residents of Fallujah home (May, 2004).
US Marines gather weapons found in the restive city of Fallujah (December 12, 2004).
Insurgents in Ramadi (March 9, 2005).
An armed man waves his weapon after burning a van in northern Iraq (December 11, 2004).
Sunni Iraqi insurgents celebrate in front of burning military tanker (April 9, 2004).
Insurgents in Ramadi (March 9, 2005).
A member of Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadir's Mehdi Army in Kufa (April 19, 2004).

3 comments:

  1. I've been neglecting forums and blogging for some time now, just too damn busy. But good to see you are like a rock in the ocean, bring out more models over and over. Love the latest batch

    ReplyDelete