Saturday, September 7, 2019

Black & Tans + Civilians

Wow it has been a while since my last post. I guess summer vacation reduced my painting time. :/ This batch of figures are the last of the new-sculpts-to-me I had to do from RH Models' ICW range. Next I have some more British troops I've been working on, some Auxiliaries and then lastly some IRA fighters with lots of head swaps.

Firstly, I painting a bag of Black and Tan figures. These are some of RH Models' oldest figures still for sale I think. All are a bit on the large side, half are really big. To counter this I shaved their bases down to something that was almost paper thin. This led to my dremel slipping on a few so I had to fix up some shoes, but otherwise these figures were done with no modifications.


RH Models ICW1; ICW1; ICW1


RH Models ICW1; ICW1; ICW1


RH Models ICW1; ICW1; ICW1

Secondly, I worked on two bags of civilians from the same range. The figures with caps I did straight, but for three of the figures without caps I swapped their heads as I wanted more figures with straight hair.


RH Models ICWCIVCAP; ICWCIVCAP; ICWCIVCAP; ICWCIVCAP


RH Models ICWCIVCAP; ICWCIV with head swap; ICWCIV with head swap; ICWCIV


RH Models ICWCIV; ICWCIV with head swap

I used the following images for colors of the Black and Tans, although I went more for the look of the costumes in The Wind that Shakes the Barley. It's a great movie after all! For the civilians I used a lot of the same pictures I've used for IRA fighters.


Still from The Wind that Shakes the Barkley


Still from The Wind that Shakes the Barkley

1 comment: